IF JCR (2020): 0.551
IF SNIP (2020): 0.417
Association of Surveyors of Slovenia
Zemljemerska ulica 12, SI-1000 Ljubljana
Instructions for authors of research and professional papers
Geodetski vestnik publishes academic and professional articles, reviews, discussions, and related works from the fields of geodesy, land surveying, remote sensing, photogrammetry, geoinformatics, spatial data infrastructure and spatial data modelling, cartography, spatial decision support systems, land administration and land management, and spatial planning. Manuscripts aimed at a broader audience that communicate results of publicly funded research projects are also welcomed.
As the bulletin of the Association of Surveyors of Slovenia, the journal also publishes news in the surveying profession, including news from the government surveying and mapping authority, news from national and international professional societies, reports on projects and events, communications to members, and similar reports.Instructions for authors Article registration form Manuscript template file
Research and professional papers
Geodetski vestnik publishes double-blind peer reviewed original research, review and professional papers, reviewed by at least two anonymous reviewers. Authors are requested to submit only original, previously unpublished manuscripts not yet submitted for publication to any other journal . Authors may make a proposal for the type of their paper, but the Editorial Board reserves the right to decide on the classification of papers based on reviewers’ opinions. In defining the category, the following criteria are considered :
- A paper designated by the typology as an “original research article” is the first publication of original results in such form that allows the research to be repeated and the findings tested. As a rule, it follows the IMRAD (Introduction, Methods, Results, and Discussion) structure for experimental research, or it is organized in a descriptive way for descriptive scientific areas. A “short research article” is an original research article in which some of the elements of the IMRAD structure may be omitted. It briefly summarizes the findings of a completed original research work or a research work in progress.
- “A review article” is an overview of the latest developments in a specific subject area, the works of an individual researcher or a group of researchers with the purpose of summarizing, analysing, evaluating or synthesizing information that has already been published. A review article brings new syntheses, which also include the results of the author's own research.
- “A professional article” is a presentation of what is already known, with an emphasis on the applicability of original research results, outreach, and the dissemination of knowledge.
The contents of published papers are the sole responsibility of the authors.
A research or professional paper should be prepared in accordance with the guidelines for authors – see the section Guidelines for authors of research and professional papers.
Discussions, news, reports, other announcements
Discussions, news from the profession and the society as well as announcements are in general published in the Slovenian language. This part of the journal aims to give authors the opportunity to submit material which may not be suitable for full-length papers but which contains ideas worthy of publication. Furthermore, it provides a communication platform for news, reports, and announcements for members of the professional society.
Papers must be submitted in digital form in a Microsoft Word file. The page layout must be one-sided with margins of 2.5 cm (A4 format). The text font must be Times New Roman 10p with 1.5 line spacing. These types of papers should generally not be longer than 7,500 characters with spaces (four pages), including tables and figures. Authors can use the template for research and professional papers, where abstracts and key words are not included (see the template).
Papers should be submitted by e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Where relevant, the “Guidelines for authors of research and professional papers” should be taken into account (figures and tables, citation and references, etc.). The manuscript should include the title of the paper, name(s) of the author(s) with affiliation and contact address, the main text and references, if relevant. Submissions must be received at least one month before publication, i.e. deadlines are February 20, May 20, August 20, and November 20 (only for discussions, news, reports, other announcements!).
Review procedure - research and professional papers
Accepted research and professional articles are subject to review. This journal operates a double blind peer review process:
- All contributions will be initially assessed by the editor-in-chief and field editors for suitability for the journal. Papers deemed suitable are then typically sent to a minimum of two independent expert reviewers to assess the quality of the paper.
Double-blind review means that the identities of the authors are concealed from the reviewers, and vice versa. To facilitate this, please include the following separately:
- Registration form (with author details): This should include the title, authors' names, affiliations, acknowledgements and any Declaration of Interest statement, and a complete address for the corresponding author including an e-mail address (see the form “EN_GV_Article_Registration.docx”).
- Blinded manuscript (no author details): The main body of the paper (including the references, figures, tables and any acknowledgements) should not include any identifying information, such as the authors' names or affiliations (see the template “EN_GV_Template_Manuscript_EN.docx”).
- Only papers with two positive reviews from two independent reviewers can be published. If needed, reviewed papers are returned to the authors for revision. The author is obliged to prepare a response to the reviewers’ suggestions for revision when changes to the paper are requested. It must be clearly explained which comments/corrections were accepted and which not – in the latter case, arguments for rejecting the reviewers’ suggestions must be provided. This revision and completion and the subsequent acceptance of the paper by the Editorial Board/reviewers are conditions for publication.
- The editor-in-chief is responsible for the final decision regarding acceptance or rejection of articles.
During the review procedure and during preparation for printing, confidentiality of the paper contents is assured.
Please note that the authors are obliged to prepare a grammatically correct text. The Editorial Board may require additional proofreading in English and a written statement of proofreading.
Once the review procedure is finished, the author should send the article in MS Word format together with all attachments (figures if they were changed) to email email@example.com by a deadline specified by the Editorial Board. The author receives a test printout of printing proofs of a proofread article; only printing errors or any errors relating to the meaning may be corrected. If the printing proofs are not returned by the deadline specified or at the latest within five days, the article is considered to need no further corrections and may be printed as such.
For a paper submitted to Geodetski vestnik, authors agree that all moral rights of the authors remain with the authors. All papers published in Geodetski vestnik are open accessed. By submitting their manuscript to the Geodetski vestnik Editorial Board, authors agree that their work, if accepted for publication, will be published according to the licence CC BY-NC (more information at https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/legalcode). You are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
- The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the licence terms.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the licence, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- Noncommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the licence permits.
 Journal paper submissions based on past conference publications are only allowed if the submitted manuscript is significantly extended or otherwise enhanced. That is, the journal article will only be considered if more extensive experiments and discussion are presented and/or the methods have been significantly improved and/or advanced. The burden of explicitly describing the differences between these publications rests with the author(s). The author(s) is obliged to include the conference publication on the reference list. If there is strong overlap with another publication, the manuscript will be rejected.
Association of Surveyors of Slovenia
Zemljemerska ulica 12, SI-1000 Ljubljana